This year’s edition of the Transport Week will be dedicated to the development of port infrastructure in Poland and Europe and the opportunities and challenges posed by the New Silk Road and China’s Belt and Road initiative (BRI).
Our Pricipal consultant David Bull will be speaking at the Transport Week conference on the 6th March on the subject of 'port market forecast – now & tomorrow'.
- Global seaborne trade has almost doubled since 2000 to an estimated 12bn tonnes in 2017
- Crude oil, iron ore, LNG and containers have been major growth commodities in the past decade.
- Increased environmental pressure forecast to see the decline in the consumption in oil and coal.
- The Baltic Sea will potentially benefit from the new Rail Baltica and One Belt One Road developments.
- Recent container vessel design and port developments highlight the continued growth potential of the container sector and its ever changing impact on port design.