30 Dec 2015For the second consecutive year Royal HaskoningDHV is ranked among the largest, most geographically-diverse and globally ambitious companies operating in the Environment Consultancy sector.
Royal HaskoningDHV is placed 16th among what are referred to collectively as the ‘Global 23’ in the latest research complied by business intelligence provider Environment Analyst. The company ranks 3rd in the sector in Africa. Rankings are based on gross global Environmental Consultancy revenues.
Examples of projects delivered by Royal HaskoningDHV to cement its 'Global 23' position include:
- Environmental Impact Assessments for York Potash New Mine, Associated Facilities and Project Harbour in the UK: The harbour facilities form part of a wider project to mine polyhalite and transport it via a tunnel to the River Tees for export.
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the Gautrain RapidRail Link in South Africa: This project was conceived to alleviate congestion and enhance economic growth in South Africa’s Gauteng Province. The EIA for the state-of-the-art rail system remains one of the largest undertaken in South Africa to date and included more than 100 public and focus group meetings to discuss route alignment alternatives.
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Services (ESIA) for Integrated Health Campus projects in Turkey: We are playing a leading role in providing ESIA services for these projects which are part of a large healthcare Public Private Partnership programme initiated by the Turkish Ministry of Health.
- Environmental baseline and hydrodynamic modelling studies in the United Arab Emirates: This work is being undertaken for one of the largest oil and gas companies in the Middle East. It is focused around four artificial islands within a large oil field off Abu Dhabi.
- We maintained our position as a world leader in supporting the consenting of offshore wind farms: Our 100 % track record for successful consents continued with government go ahead for Dogger Bank Creyke Beck wind farm off the United Kingdom coast.
- Strategic advice to Tidal Lagoon Power in the UK: We are advising on a lagoon renewable energy programme which has also led to opportunities on caisson design for the Cardiff Tidal Lagoon.
- Dover Western Docks Revival in the UK: We have been providing Dover Harbour Board with project management, consenting and technical environmental services to support its aim to start construction of the scheme which will help regenerate the town and create up to 600 new jobs.