Single tank solution: up to a factor 4 smaller

The footprint of Nereda sewage treatment plants is reduced due to the full nutrient removal process taking place in one single reactor. Supplemental tanks such as primary clarifiers, selector basins, separate anoxic and aerobic compartments, and secondary clarifiers are not required.

In addition, the biomass operates at a higher concentration thus allowing for an increased treatment capacity within a single tank. Because of this Nereda treatment installations require a fraction of the build area of traditional plants – up to 75% less space. In urban areas or mountain areas where land is at a premium, this is a major benefit. Also, existing conventional continuous or SBR wastewater, plants can be retrofitted into Nereda technology enabling treatment to significantly higher quantities or quality of wastewater.

Example footprint

On the aerial picture below the small footprint is visualized.  On the Garmerwolde wastewater treatment plant in the Netherlands: the two Nereda tanks - in blue - treat around 60% of the sewage flow, the existing AB-system - in red - the other 40%.

Garmerwolde Wastewater Treatment Plant | Nereda

Copyright© │20140315 Imagery provider: Aerodata/CycloMedia. Esri and its licensors. All rights reserved.