27 Feb 2016Don’t miss the world’s most important cycling conference ‘Velo-city Global Conference 2016’ in Taipei City from 27th February to 1st March 2016. Taipei is ready to welcome all of you to exchange, celebrate, and find out more about new possibilities of cycling and urban solutions.
At the conference the profound impact of the evolution of cycling will be explored from the following five angles:
• Urban Transitions: The way we move determines the place we live.
• Moving Lifestyles: We live more differently because we ride more.
• Sustainable Economics: New businesses for cyclists await us.
• Sharing Societies: The idea of sharing keeps expanding.
• Design in Motion: Designers come in even before the process begins.
From the perspective of Urban Transitions Royal HaskoningDHV’s Wim van der Wijk will present “Beijing Bicycle Strategy and Policy; The way back to Bicycle Capital of the World”. What can be done to get the Beijing;s citizens and visitors back on bicycles and save the city form suffocation through overwhelming car traffic?
On behalf of Asian Development Bank this has been studied, resulting in a package of recommendations. The approach has been fitted in a Bicycle Toolkit for other cities to implement their own strategy to promote cycling.
Wim’s presentation is scheduled in the Parallel Session “Co-benefits of Cycling” on Saturday 27 February 2016, 15:00 – 16:00, Room 201AF.
Royal HaskoningDHV is also present at the exhibition in the stand of Dutch Cycling Embassy Holland Pavilion, stand A01. The Bicycle Toolkit is available on the stand.