Royal HaskoningDHV has been active in the nuclear industry since 1960. We work closely together with our clients in the nuclear power generating industry to find the optimal solution between the economic, environmental and legislative elements.
Royal HaskoningDHV offers market-leading knowledge and experience of the issues associated with nuclear facilities. We have undertaken numerous nuclear assignments, including the development of permit guidelines, a consultancy for uranium mining, the redesign of a cooling water system for a nuclear plant in the Netherlands, design of enrichment facilities, design of reactor containments, project management services for the improvement of document quality systems, demand studies for siting and environmental investigations for the next electricity generation and water production facilities, advise on drainage and coastal engineering, review of existing EIA’s and contributions to planning applications.
The experience of RoyalHaskoningDHV is mainly found in services focusing on the interface between the primary system and the environment, including:
- Design and engineering of facilities for civils structural and M&E systems
- Consultancy and design & engineering for safety case aspects related to natural events (flooding & water defence, geotechnical events, earthquakes, etc.)
- Consultancy and design & engineering for safety case aspects related to human induced events (explosions, external risk assessments, etc.)
- Design and engineering of cooling (water) systems
- Environmental consultancy (Environmental Impact Assessments) and legislative requirements
- Consultancy for industrial safety (technical, procedures, management)
- Consultancy and design and engineering for the mining industry.