Engineering roads, bridges and tunnels
Well-functioning infrastructure helps societies to thrive and individuals to prosper. Get the infrastructure right and the benefits extend far beyond the functional.
Smart planning, novel technologies and stakeholder management together with our integrated engineering approaches are enabling multiple goals and wider societal benefit to be realised. Innovation is at the core of our business. From the highly lauded iReport, which helps to reduce project complexity, to our new digital asset solution being developed which will provide digital up-to-date insights on real estate portfolios, our drive to create futureproof solutions is helping to herald the next generation of healthy and sustainable cities.
Tunnels and underground structures
Intensive use of roads by commuters and heavy traffic causes regular traffic congestion. In many cities, there is simply not the space to build more roads. In these busy cities and ports, tunnels and underground structures are making a difference. We are one of few leading international consultancies that specialise in soft soil tunnelling.
Our integrated approach means clients can access the design, construction, operation and management of tunnels all under one roof. From landmark tunnels to cost-effective designs, our solutions connect communities and enhance accessibility.
Hoe kunnen we duurzame energie opwekken langs de snelweg A35
Developing the digital tunnel twin for the renovation of the road tunnels Amsterdam
Improved interoperability and collaboration in Rijkswaterstaat with Asset Information Management
Enabling digital interoperability across the Netherlands with OTL linked data
Argyll and Bute Council UTC Study and Traffic Signals Contract
Enabling Beijings vision in creating a cycling friendly city
Seeking sustainable fuel options for Reykjavík’s new Bus Rapid Transit system
Assessing the environmental and social impacts of Turkey’s latest polypropylene manufacturing facility
Liverpool city centre – Safer Routes Three Corridors Study
Due diligence assessments utility company Eneco
A proposed way forward for shifting the City of Cape Town’s corporate fleet to electric vehicles
Low-carbon transport solutions for the city of Xiangtan in China
Consultancy for Asian Development Bank in adopting BIM for new railways projects
Creating world-class traffic safety for Cargill
- 22 Oct 2020ITP and Royal HaskoningDHV join forces in transport planning
- 14 Sep 2020buildingSMART Appoints Bart Brink to Lead the Digital Twins Working Group
- 03 Jul 2020World’s first 3D printed FRP footbridge paves way for circular composites
- 10 Jun 2020Royal HaskoningDHV and Arup advise Dutch Rijkswaterstaat on upgrade of busiest Van Brienenoord Bridge
- 13 Feb 2020Reaction on Cyril Ramaphosa’s 10 year infrastructure plan
Related blog posts
- 20 Oct 2020Rebuilding Better what’s sand got to do with it?
- 11 May 2020Water Stewardship to manage high water stress in Indonesia
- 20 Feb 2020Resilience in Cities: the real impacts of water and climate change risks
- 20 Feb 2020New Game Plan: From Protection to Risk Reduction to Resilience
- 13 Jan 2020STAIN for City Resilience Strategies
- Area Development & Master Planning
- Asset Management for Infrastructure
- Fire Safety & Security: Consultancy and Design
- Information Technology and Data Management
- Infrastructure Design
- Legal Consultancy
- Project Management
- Rail & Stations: consultancy and design
- Transfer solutions for pedestrians
- Transport Services