At Royal HaskoningDHV, we have an extensive history of port design and this gives us unrivalled experience in the design and development of complete cruise terminal projects.
Cruise terminals and associated infrastructure have to ensure a safe, seamless and efficient experience for the large numbers of ships, passengers and crew using them throughout their operational lifetime.
The vast array of challenges involved in designing passenger boarding bridges is one such area where we excel. Often having to reach passenger door heights that are more than 10 metres above the quay, we ensure the technology used works correctly no matter what demand is placed upon it, from the footfall of thousands of passengers and crew to high water points.
Our expert and dedicated cruise terminal teams deliver solutions and support to your business. We offer a complete range of consultancy services including:
- Master planning studies for cruise terminals
- Feasibility studies for new and upgraded terminals
- Detailed designs and layouts for terminal buildings, coach and taxi arrivals and departures, car parking, marshalling yards, linkspans, quay structures and passenger walkways
- Production of tender documentation for both traditional and design and construct procurement routes
- Supervision of construction work and equipment supply contracts
- Safety audits and inspections
- Quay, dolphin and fender damage reports and repairs
- Terminal lighting studies and designs
- Container Terminals
- Dry Ports and Logistics Facilities
- Inland Waterways Transport (IWT)
- Intakes, Outfalls and Marine Pipelines
- Liquefied Natural Gas Terminals (LNG)
- Liquid Bulk and Chemicals Terminals
- Marinas and Waterfront Development
- Mixed Use Ports
- Naval & Defence Facilities
- Offshore Marine Supply Bases
- Roll-On/Roll-Off (RoRo) and Ferry Terminals