Safety is a key factor in the planning, design, construction, operation and abandonment of offshore facilities. Creating a safe working environment for employees and third parties is not just desirable, but also a legal obligation. Both legal and company Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) requirements become more stringent with time. Safety risks have to be minimized and continuously managed while at the same time productivity and profitability have to be maximized. Companies have to rise to this challenge every single day.
Our consultants and experts will professionally guide you through the complex and comprehensive aspects of offshore safety. This guidance can vary from compliance with legislation such as the Offshore Safety Directive (2013/30/EU) to HSE support during design and engineering. Royal HaskoningDHV can support you with identifying project risks, process safety assessments , development of Safety and Environmental Critical Elements (SECEs), and with preparing documentation for Major Hazards Reports (RiGG) and Health and Safety Documents (VG Document, also known as a Safety Case).
Creating a safe offshore work environment requires an integrated approach, identifying evaluating and mitigating risks as early as possible. Royal HaskoningDHV has many years of experience in offshore safety legislation, systems and methods and supports customers from both the renewable- and fossil offshore energy sector. We can assist you in all project phases, from feasibility to decommissioning. The expertise of our consultants ranges from technical safety to management systems and from occupational health to emergency response.
Our services at glance
- Offshore Safety Studies such as: Fire & Explosion Risk Assessments (FERA), Evacuation Escape and Rescue Assessment (EERA), Rescue at Sea, Ship Collision, Helicopter transport and Dropped Object Studies
- Effect Modelling (CFD Explosion, fire, smoke)
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
- Safety Cases (VG-document, RIGG)
- HSE in Design (HSE Plan, HSE Philosophies, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, LOPA, ALARP study)
- Production Assurance & Reliability (FMECA)
- Safety & Environmental Critical Elements (Bow-tie, Performance Standards, Verification Scheme)
- Key Documents (Emergency Response Plans, Safety Layouts)
- Simultaneous Operations Review (Bridging Document, HAZID)