Maritime structures must be able to function safely and efficiently in some of the harshest environments on the planet. Mastering the art of designing these complex structures requires specific knowledge and expertise. At Royal HaskoningDHV, we have a dedicated team of over six hundred technical staff who are fully focused on the world of maritime structures.
We can provide all the services you need to develop the optimum solution for any maritime solution, from concept to detailed design and construction supervision. Our teams are experts at designing:
- Quay walls
- Mooring and berthing dolphins
Our experts can advise on design and construction related issues in all technical areas including:
- Sheet piling
- Steel and concrete bearing piles
- Mass concrete and reinforced concrete
- Steel work, timber work and glass and fibre reinforced plastics
- Fender structures and bollards
- Diaphragm walling
- Soil improvement techniques
- Historic structures
We combine our technical expertise with an in-depth understanding of the operational functions of maritime structures. We use this to ensure that structures that we design are fully aligned with the various operational needs and maintenance philosophies of our clients. We also have a robust experience in the design of maritime structures in seismic areas.
We can also provide evaluations of existing structures providing our clients the comfort that an existing structure can safely support a new or larger crane. Our knowledge and understanding allows us to provide our clients with clear recommendations to assist making fact based decisions about the assets.
Our expertise is also often drawn on to shape technical standards and design codes within the maritime sector.
Services within this area
- Assessment of High Structures
- Dock and Lock Gates
- Dry Docks
- Floating Dock Facilities
- Marine Structures and Pipelines
- Maritime Geotechnical Engineering
- Maritime: Mechanical and Electrical Services
- Masts and Towers: Maintenance Inspections
- Masts and Towers: New Sites
- Seismic Design and Engineering