Many hundreds of kilometres of pipeline, incomplete cadastral data, large numbers of landowners and other stakeholders, and numerous policies and regulations, are all factors which affect the planning, costs and successful delivery of a project. In more densely populated areas public opinion is another critical consideration.
Land acquisition can be complex, with issues around ownership of land and buildings, multiple landowners per plot, undefined boundaries and difficulties with assessing the property value. The project may require the displacement of a local population, or affect the livelihood of local households, communities and businesses.
These challenges call for a multidisciplinary approach which focuses on communication to aid societal embedding as much as technology. Royal HaskoningDHV’s team of experts have experience in the whole life cycle and can help you resolve these challenges.
Royal HaskoningDHV supports clients in finding innovative solutions for delivering successful projects, while respecting the environment and neighbouring communities.
We offer a wide range of services for land acquisition, following international best practice such as the performance requirements of the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). We deliver project management, develop information management solutions, help communication with landowners and manage key issues including temporary disruption of land use, population resettlements and related compensation mechanisms as well as grievance management. We can also advise on project compliance with international standards and managing health and safety risks during construction and site operation.
Services within this area
- Advice on building costs
- Asset Information Management
- Clean Technology
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Contract Management, Construction Management & Site Supervision for Building Projects
- Cost Management for Building projects
- Design & Build and DB(F)M(O) Contracting
- DSEAR/ATEX and Hazardous Zone Classification
- Energy and Carbon Management
- Energy and Infrastructure Consenting
- Greening your Assets - Futureproof, Sustainable Buildings
- Ground Engineering
- Hazardous Installations
- Health and Safety: Improving safety culture
- Hydropower and Dams Solutions
- License to Operate
- Life Cycle Costing (LCC) for Building Projects
- Maritime: Mechanical and Electrical Services
- Mooring Analysis and Optimisation
- Oil Spill Modelling
- Operational Asset Management
- Process Safety Management
- Procurement and contracting for building projects
- Project Management for Building Projects
- Protected Storage Engineering
- Renewable Energy Business Services
- Renewable Energy Technical Services
- Safety: External and Integral Safety
- Strategic Asset Management
- Strategic Planning Real Estate
- Strategic Portfolio Management