Royal HaskoningDHV has extensive knowledge and technical and operational expertise in the design of RoRo and Ferry Terminals. Our skills in these areas are recognised worldwide. Our solutions help ferries to load and unload vehicles and passengers with ease, and smooth the process of moving freight. We design berthing structures that meet specific berthing or mooring requirements and advise on operational processes such as vehicle movements around the terminal.
The safe and efficient process of transporting freight, vehicles or passengers between ship and shore is a primary and vital aspect of any successful RoRo and Ferry Terminal port operation. We recognise that each type of facility has its own unique needs and requirements; our expert teams provide a truly tailored service to meet the needs of our clients.
Our experts have provided innovative design solutions for ship-to-shore access facilities globally for more than 40 years. Working closely with clients and ensuring current legislation and regulations are always adhered to, our multi-disciplinary teams develop solutions for projects including:
- Passenger boarding bridges
- Berthing and mooring structures
- Floating pontoon structures
- New terminal buildings
- Vehicle marshalling areas
- All associated landside infrastructure
We can offer a full range of services across all these areas including master planning, design, procurement and safety audits and inspections. This includes new facilities as well as the upgrade, repair and refurbishment of existing facilities.
Royal HaskoningDHV’s commitment to excellence in this specialist area is long established. Worldwide, we have developed more than 50 vehicle linkspans and floating pontoon structure designs and performance specifications alone.
In addition, as thought-leaders in our field, our teams are often found presenting at RoRo conferences across the globe, while our RoRo safety seminars are regular and important events in the UK ports industry calendar.
- Due Diligence
- Environmental and Corporate Responsibility Services
- Environmental and Social Sustainability Services
- Feasibility Studies and Port Master Planning
- Marine Design and Construction Services
- Port & Shipyards Operation and Maintenance
- Port and Shipping Economics
- Smart Ports - Energy Efficiency & Environmental Sustainability