Gaining planning and operational consents for potentially hazardous installations, such as gas terminals, oil refineries, petrochemical works and fertilizer factories, requires highly specialised knowledge and experience.
Royal HaskoningDHV has undertaken this type for many clients around the world, both for the developer of the hazardous installation and also on behalf of developers that are considering building within the area that might be affected by a hazardous installation.
Our international team of process engineers, safety specialists and planners have undertaken work as diverse as:
- planning and permitting of Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) terminals
- major hydrocarbon storage facilities storing crude oil and LPG
- evaluation of dangerous substances in transit in ports
- siting of a marina and housing near to a solvent reprocessing plant
- siting of a major leisure development near to a large agrochemical and petrochemical complex
- assessment of major hazards at two proposed large container port developments, preparation of proofs and giving evidence at public inquiry
We have undertaken many risk assessments under the Seveso II Directive as it is applied across the various member states of the European Union.
Risk assessment methodologies include techniques and software to quantify both individual risk and societal risk, together with a review of the acceptability of the level these risks when compared with accepted and internationally established criteria, such as those exemplified by the UK Health & Safety Executive, the Dutch Ministry of Housing and OECD.
Services within this area
- Protected Storage Engineering
- DSEAR/ATEX and Hazardous Zone Classification
- Safety: External and Integral Safety
- Health and Safety: Improving safety culture
- Impact assessment and planning
- Incident investigation
- Land Easement and Acquisition
- License to Operate
- Mooring Analysis and Optimisation
- Maritime: Mechanical and Electrical Services
- Offshore Safety
- Oil Spill Modelling
- Process Safety Management
- Take Back Chemicals