We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions. Enhancing society together!
We offer a position where you - as structural engineer - will be able to explore and exploit your valuable knowledge and competences such as Parametric Design, Automated Engineering and Augmented Design. We offer an important role in challenging projects throughout Germany (mainly Datacenters), in an internationally operating engineering and consultancy firm that is rapidly developing itself in the digital transformation. You will be part of a dynamic team based in Frankfurt a.M.
If you are a team player with a proactive and flexible attitude, combined with good insight in structural design and engineering principles, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for! Royal HaskoningDHV works continuously on its own (digital) development, and on the development of its employees. We work on our projects in a multidisciplinary setting, as we normally advise our clients on all disciplines related to building design (architectural, civil, structural, MEP). If this sounds appealing to you, please send your details to us via the link below so we can discuss possibilities.
More in detail: Your role and responsibilities
- You perform the necessary calculations for complex steel, concrete and timber structures and you contribute to the drafting of designs in cooperation with and under the supervision of the Consulting Engineer;
- In cooperation with the consulting engineer you handle and work out complex technical questions from clients;
- In projects in execution phase you are responsible to perform checks and attend meetings with clients and contractors;
- You communicate and work together with colleagues or third parties on (a part of) the structural design;
- You monitor from a technical and budgetary point of view (time and money) that your own processes and activities run according to the established principles and within the quality system and you conduct internal consultations on this;
- You check calculations and drawings of colleagues or third parties;
- Finally, you oversee your own project administration and archive.
Furthermore, you bring:
- An educational background on MSc. Level in Structural / Civil Engineering, specialization structural design of buildings;
- Good knowledge of structural German (DIN) standards, guidelines and working methods;
- 5 to 15 years of relevant experience at a (German) consultancy or engineering firm;
- Willingness to travel regularly through Germany for projects and occasionally also to our partner in Budapest, and our office in Nijmegen, where most people of the ‘datacenter team’ are located;
- Experience with the use of 3D calculation software;
- Customer-oriented / empathy;
- Technical knowledge and analytical skills, preferably related to datacenters;
- Able to transfer knowledge and skills to others;
- Results-oriented (problem solving ability), collaborative, flexible & independent;
- Professional German and English language skills. Dutch language proficiency is an advantage.
About Royal HaskoningDHV
You will work in a professional organization with appealing (inter)national projects. You work on these projects in a multidisciplinary environment with experts who are leaders in their field. In addition, we offer good primary and secondary employment conditions as well as excellent opportunities for development in both width and depth. There is also the possibility to qualify for talent programs at different levels.
For more information you can contact Jorge Noguiera de Moura, Resident Director Germany, Royal HaskoningDHV office Frankfurt a.M. (+491716232584, Jorge.Moura@rhdhv.com).
When applying, please include your motivation, CV and grade lists (BSc. and MSc.) in a document.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated!