We are looking for a dynamic individual with a genuine enthusiasm for Transport Planning to work in our London office. Our Transport Teams undertake strategic planning work, providing advice to private and public sector clients on a wide range of interesting transportation projects
The team also works closely with our Infrastructure, Services, Structures and Environmental teams on larger multi-disciplinary development proposals. Senior Transport Planners / Engineers / Consultants will produce technical studies within the Transport Planning function. The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
Day to day activities
- Unsupervised production of technical studies.
- Developing and commission transport surveys.
- Unsupervised production of other transport projects as these arise and ensuring outputs are delivered on time.
- Project manage small projects.
- Knowledge of analytical software programs such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, the TRICS database and MS OFFICE.
- Also desirable to have an understanding of other analytical software programs such as CUBE, SATURN, VISSIM, AIMSUN, or similar
- A knowledge of WebTAG or similar will also be an advantage
- Developing innovative transport solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Working with junior staff to develop innovative transport solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK.
You may be required to carry out additional duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
- Managing junior staff as part of a project team.
- Being commercially aware in producing work.
- To be a good team player to contribute to a dynamic group.
- Working proactively in producing technical studies and reports with minimal direction from project managers.
- Project management of small projects.
- Developing expert knowledge in modelling packages.
- Developing a good ability in the use of analytical software packages.Producing clear and well-structured reports with minimal guidance from project managers.
Examples of projects include:
- Multi-Modal Transport Modelling
- Scheme Appraisal
- Parking Studies
- Transport Economics
- Strategic Transport Studies
- Transport Surveys
- Traffic Engineering
- Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Transport Statements
What we would expect for you to be suitable:
- BSc/ BEng in suitable subject
- Experience in Transport Planning
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Proven technical track record and ability
- Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
- Commercially aware
- Ability in using transport software
- Developing a good ability in the use of analytical software packages.
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.