We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our dynamic Maritime team in Edinburgh. You will provide leadership, project management and technical support for projects and project team members. This role could potentially develop into a Business Development role.
The role requires clear and confident communication. You will be confident delegating work and leading teams and have demonstrable experience negotiating with and influencing project team members, clients and other stakeholders in a professional, competent and ethical manner.
You will provide commercial and technical management of projects, ensuring that projects show a profitable result.
A little background on our Maritime Team
Royal HaskoningDHV are at the forefront of innovative maritime planning, design and development and our teams of multi-disciplinary experts have assisted our international clientele to create successful ports and maritime infrastructure worldwide. We have provided expert commercial, technical and operational advice and created master plans across the five continents for a wide-range of port projects.
We are one of the largest and most experienced teams of port planning professionals globally and we are world leaders in the production of port feasibility studies and master plans.
You will develop strong relationships with existing and future clients, part of this will include undertaking project tasks and delivering results, you will have the autonomy to work in your own style to achieve the below:
- Demonstrating behaviour that ensures your health and safety and that of others.
- Project and Programme planning, organisation and control
- Scope, Time, Cost, Risk, Quality and Procurement Management
- Preparation of Contract Documents, Specifications, Bills of Quantities and supervision activities
- Liaison with all levels of clients, local authorities, contractors and specialist consultants on administrative and technical subjects
- Utilise your technical and working knowledge of both design and construction practices in UK and overseas markets working in positions of authority and responsibility
- Provide the key link between project delivery and the Client’s organisation, initiating projects including the coordination of stakeholder input, the production of options appraisals, the preparation of project briefs and business cases and the gaining of approvals
- Be a figure of authority and support for project deliverers
- There will be inspections and surveys throughout the UK and internationally, preparation and checking of reports
- Provide sound engineering judgement and advice.
What we feel is the required skills and experience:
- BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering
- CEng, MICE
- Demonstrate excellent Project leadership skills on relatively complex projects
- Experience drafting and managing NEC (required) and FIDIC (desirable) contracts
- Experience in commercial management
- Have an awareness of the law and legal systems in which UK projects are run.
Good To Have:
- International experience
- Knowledge / Experience of working to BIM Level 2
- Maritime specific civil engineering experience
- Membership of appropriate professional body
- Awareness of industry procedures and best practice
- Excellent managerial, commercial and technical track record
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a flexible working policy, a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance and 25 days holiday. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.