Senior Maritime Project Manager
A little background on our Maritime Team
Royal HaskoningDHV are at the forefront of innovative maritime planning, design and development and our teams of multi-disciplinary experts have assisted our international clientele to create successful ports and maritime infrastructure worldwide. We have provided expert commercial, technical and operational advice and created master plans across the five continents for a wide-range of port projects.
We are one of the largest and most experienced teams of port planning professionals globally and we are world leaders in the production of port feasibility studies and master plans.
Our Project Manager will be based in Edinburgh where the overarching focus is to provide leadership and guidance throughout the entire project management lifecycle. An influencing communication style is a necessity as we are involved in a range of projects, so you’ll need to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
A true consultative approach should be deployed to ensure commercial and technically sound project management that provides not only profitable results but clear advice and guidance to the project team to deliver against objectives.
The projects, mirroring the work in Edinburgh, will be a mixture of maritime engineering and infrastructure inspection project management. Infrastructure inspection project management is a logistically challenging part of our work and relies on ensuring that our people with the right skills are deployed to the right client site in plenty of time to complete the tasks in line with fixed client deadlines. The volume and consistency of the deliverables presents an opportunity to improve the process and incorporate technology within the process, subject to client restrictions.
On maritime engineering, you will be required to manage opportunities from new and existing clients, including responsive, consultative, collaborative bid preparation, converting bids to sales, managing projects and maintaining relationships with clients to generate future work. These projects will vary in size and complexity from small commissions for one off clients to large multi disciplinary design projects for strategically important clients.
You will develop strong relationships with existing and future clients; part of this will include undertaking project tasks and delivering results. You will have the autonomy to work in your own style to achieve the below:
- Demonstrating behaviour that ensures your health and safety and that of others.
- Project and Programme planning, organisation and control
- Scope, Time, Cost, Risk, Quality and Procurement Management
- Preparation of Contract Documents, Specifications, Bills of Quantities and supervision activities
- Liaison with all levels of clients, local authorities, contractors and specialist consultants on administrative and technical subjects
- Utilise your technical and working knowledge of both design and construction practices in UK and overseas markets, working in positions of authority and responsibility, to assure that the right things are done right.
- Provide the key link between project delivery (internal) and the Client’s organisation (external), when initiating projects.This will include, for example, the coordination of stakeholder input, the production of options appraisals, the preparation of project briefs and business cases and the gaining of approvals.
- Be a figure of authority, trust, support and security for project deliverers
- Management of inspection and survey projects throughout the UK and occasionally internationally, including preparation and checking of reports, and actively seeking opportunities to implement effective technical advances in inspection practice, subject to client restrictions.
- Provide sound engineering judgement and advice.
What we feel is the required skills and experience:
- BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering
- CEng, MICE
- Demonstrate excellent Project leadership skills on relatively complex projects
- Experience drafting and managing NEC (required) and FIDIC (desirable) contracts
- Experience in commercial management
- Have an awareness of the law and legal systems in which UK projects are run.
Good To Have:
- International experience
- Knowledge / Experience of working to BIM Level 2
- Maritime specific civil engineering experience
- Membership of appropriate professional body
- Awareness of industry procedures and best practice
- Demonstrable experience in applying technology to improve efficiency of inspection work
- Excellent managerial, commercial and technical track record
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a flexible working policy, a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance and 25 days holiday. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.