We’ve been around for more than 135 years.We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in
the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in
their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
Enhancing society together!
Royal HaskoningDHV Vietnam
We have more than 200 staff working in Vietnam, the majority of which are based in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We specialize in 3 areas: Industry & Buildings (I&B), Maritime & Aviation (M&A) and Water. Royal HaskoningDHV is a globally leading service provider in the field of Maritime Developments. We have a strong reputation for designing and managing port developments, shipyards, dry docks, port terminals and other maritime structures. We work on many high-profile projects on behalf of public and
private developers at locations across the world, making us the first port of call for maritime consultancy.
Within the Business Line M&A the Vietnam AG is identified as one of our Global Delivery Centers from which both the regional market (South East Asia) and the global market will be serviced. This new role of the office requires a rapid expansion of the team in all directions, both in terms of capacity and staff capabilities. For this purpose, an extensive recruitment and training program has been developed to grow from the current 50 engineers to around 100 staff with the right skills to deliver world-class, state-of-the-art
technical solutions to our regional and global clients. A few projects we worked on in the past year are:
- Jurong Port Tank Terminal in Singapore (currently
- Lotus Island at Phu Quoc Island in Vietnam (FEED
- Gemalink Container Terminal at Cai Mep in Vietnam (construction starting in January 2019).
The Job description
We require a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to carry out geotechnical analysis and design and provide expert technical advice on the design of foundations and retaining walls, earth works and slopes. Key duties will include:
- To liaise with clients (internally and externally for the purpose of providing geotechnical support and advice);
- To organize and direct junior staff (5+ FTE);
- To check and review the work of others in accordance with the Quality System;
- To manage projects both technically and financially as required;
- To develop business, by creating a good network in the region and within the company;
To be successful as senior geotechnical engineer in Vietnam we expect you to have:
- 10+ of geotechnical working experience within an international company;
- Knowledge and experience with seismic projects;
- Experience in leading a small team;
- Able to work stand-alone and make informed decisions;
- Knowledge of common geotechnical software like Deltares Suite & Plaxis;
- Proactive, contribute in expanding the geotechnical team;
- Interest in automation and scriptwriting (pre);
- Experience/Knowledge of Eurocode and other geotechnical standards;
- Preferably some construction experience.
We can offer you to become part of a group of passionate people working together to realize beautiful projects around the world. Our work is centered around the skills of our staff, getting the best out of the whole team. We offer flexibility in working hours and can offer an attractive remuneration package.
For this job you will receive a local contract in Vietnam.
For more information you can contact Bas van Dijk or firstname.lastname@example.org