There is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer and Project Manager to join the Aviation Business Unit in our Johannesburg office. You will be responsible for the effective execution of large and complex planning, engineering/design and construction project supervision. Furthermore, you will also be responsible for the quality, budget and planning of the projects and carry the overall responsibility for the project results.
- Manage multiple medium, large and/or complex multi-disciplinary projects in the field of airport infrastructure development (runways, taxiways, aprons and buildings)
- Lead project teams across various (international) locations
- Hands-on participation in design work. Guide design work by team members and carry out quality control
- Maintain project overview and coordinate between disciplines (e.g. Civil, Buildings, Systems, etc.)
- Manage partners, sub-consultants and client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and change orders with clients and partners
- Coach and mentor individual members of the team particularly younger staff
- Lead the preparation of proposals and participate in business
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- B Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification from a recognised institution.
- A post-graduate qualification is advantageous
- Professional registration with relevant organisation (e.g. Pr.Eng / Pr.Tech / PMP);
- Minimum of 15 years work experience in the field of civil engineering/design in a consulting environment
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in project management of multidisciplinary projects
- Experience working in an internationalproject environment, preferably on the African continent
- Strong technical understanding of all civil engineering aspects, including geometrics, pavements, stormwater, structures, etc
- Good understanding of project planning, design, procurement and construction processes
- Good understanding of BIM, 3D design processes and digital way of working.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to manage teams
- Excellent negotiation skills and commercial acumen
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Self-starter with pro-active attitude
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Cultural awareness and affinity with working internationally
- Affinity with airports and the aviation sector, willingness to learn industry standards and practices
- Willing to travel for work (short-term and long-term) when required.
In line with our Employment Equity policy, preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and suitable internal candidates.