Royal HaskoningDHV is a worldwide engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with 6000 colleagues spread over 140 countries. Each one of us is committed to working with clients and partners on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment and the economy.
We’ve been around for more than 137 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organization of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners.
Royal HaskoningDHV is seeking a Senior Architect who will be joining our team of professionals providing Design Program Architect services to a major multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce.
The successful candidate will be a licenced architect registered in the State of Washington with a designation in the State of Washington from the American Institute of Architects with experience in design work related to industrial buildings / warehousing / logistics centers, being a preference.
- Provide professional architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of large and complex projects directly to our clients
- Supervision and guidance of less experienced team members, mainly concerning architectural objectives, critical issues, and policy of the team’s approach to specific projects
- Applies sound and diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices in broad array of assignments and related field
- Frequent continental and international travel
- Assist with the development of strategic prototypical building solutions
- Collaborate with local regulatory agencies and certification agencies to ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes while reducing the jurisdictional impact on the operation
- Provide technical direction within engineering design/AutoCAD, building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials
- Model excellence in design input gathering, partner collaboration and stakeholder alignment
- Assist with the management of third-party architects, engineers and designers responsible for creating the specific programs and templates
- Assist with preparation and presentation of strategic design discussions at various levels.
- Assist with the coordination of workshops that drive alignment on key issues, design practices, new building designs and initiatives with the focus being reducing the cost of construction and maintenance while enhancing associate experience and operational efficiency.
- Assist with Technical Design Reviews
- Ensure site and building designs align with operations and processing requirements and equipment.
Primary behavior and Motivations of our ideal Senior Architect:
- You work well with other Architects, internally and externally
- You are design detail-orientated and dedicated to quality work
- You will have demonstrated your ability to work on fast paced projects / programmes
- You will possess the ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others
- You will have a visual awareness and the ability to understand and contribute to design concepts
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect (R.A.)
- Minimum 10 years of related experience
- Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation.
- LEED AP BD+C is preferred
- Organized and confident; design talent, graphic presentation and effective visual/verbal communication skills are essential; proficient understanding of inter-relationships among design/engineering disciplines, clients, and constructors
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential
- Strong attitude towards personal and professional development as well as teamwork
- Demonstrated proficiency in Building Information Modeling (BIM)/Autodesk Revit Architecture and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) computer skills
An opportunity to make a difference in a challenging position. We are an attractive employer with a good national and international market position that offers lots of opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer an inspiring working environment in a professional and internationally successful company, with great architects. Characteristic of our company are the freedom and responsibility to develop own initiatives. Our company culture is characterized by empowerment and accountability. We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits.
Employment for this position will take place through our US based entity, registered as InterVISTAS Consulting Inc. (“InterVISTAS”). The position location will be in Seattle, WA based in our Client’s office.
InterVISTAS is a member of the Royal HaskoningDHV Group of companies (RHDHV) which is head quartered in the Netherlands. Find out more about us at www.royalhaskoningdhv.com and www.intervistas.com.
To apply for this position, forward your cover letter and your resume to careers@InterVISTAS.com and quote “Senior Architect” in the email subject line.