Introduction RHDHV resilience in cities
In our Resilience Consultancy, Design & engineering (C, D &E) portfolio we focus on alerting for, reducing and where possible prevention of the risk of loss of lives, economic damage and disruptions of society and economy due to extreme weather, natural disasters (floods & droughts) and climate change.
We offer resilience enhancing strategies and solutions for governments, infrastructure and industries in the built environment via consultancy and design, engineering & construction management.
We have a strong global foothold in floods, droughts and climate
change. Our resilience staff base is
predominantly located in NL, UK and Asia Pacific.
In Asia Pacific our teams are concentrated in Vietnam, Indonesia and India.
Our Vietnam operation has been successful in growing its Resilience in cities portfolio, mainly through sizable projects funded by international donors under ODA programs.
The ambition is to grow this portfolio further at an annual rate of
20% for Vietnam and for the region Asia Pacific as a whole. The Vietnam
resilience team will act as a regional competence centre and will as such
actively support and drive growth of this portfolio in the Asia Pacific region
through driving sales and building capacity.
As Resilience Director for Vietnam you are responsible for growing our resilience C, D & E business primarily in Vietnam. You will also support growing this portfolio in Asia Pacific.
You will work closely with our Global Market Unit Director Resilience.
You will be accountable for revenue growth and profitability of Resilience in Vietnam and are responsible for lead generation and sales, including proposal delivery, deal making and contract negotiations.
An important part of the role is to drive the use of advanced and innovative digital (modelling and forecasting) tools, with an emphasis on tools developed RHDHV in-house or by our partners.
As a member of the Vietnam Water team you will report to the Director
Advisory Group Water Vietnam.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Profit & loss responsible for Resilience in cities consultancy, design & engineering in Vietnam
- Driving growth of Resilience in cities consultancy, design & engineering with 20% per year
- Enhancing our competitive position in resilience in cities consultancy, design & engineering
- Driving international lead generation and tender processes with international funding agencies and the private sector
- Building the best team both in proposal and contract stages including team members from other parts of the Business Line Water and with external partner
- Proposal delivery, contract negotiations and deal closing
Personal attributes, skills & experience
- Strong entrepreneur with proven track record in growing business through market share, increasing sales, profitability and enhancing competitive position by gaining market share in water consultancy, design & engineering
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in water consultancy, design & engineering; including experience in overseas projects, preferably in floods or droughts
- Good insight in competitive playing field
- Strong reputation in floods or droughts market, clients and partners
- Commercial mindset and negotiation skilss
- Fluent in English both verbal and in writing
- Excellent communication and coordination skills in an international and multicultural setting
- Strong affinity with advanced digital tools and software suites