Royal HaskoningDHV has been making a world of difference in people’s lives since 1881. As an independent international engineering and project management consultancy firm, we have been working with clients to successfully deliver projects which contribute to improving living circumstances around the world for 135 years. Our more than 6,000 colleagues, spread over 150 countries are committed to our promise to enhance society together. We combine global expertise with local knowledge to deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the entire living environment.
Within Royal HaskoningDHV you will be employed in the advisory group Project Management & Consultancy Multinationals. This very successful advisory group has a broad customer base consisting of an array of the largest multinational companies worldwide. The group's efforts have resulted in "Engineering News Record" putting Royal HaskoningDHV on top of the list of international design firms contributing to the Food Processing Industry in 2015.
As a project manager you are expected to deliver total success to allocated projects in green- and brown-field manufacturing environments. You will be leading and managing multidisciplinary RHDHV teams and act as the single point of contact to the client.
In the current business environment, multinational clients are increasingly requesting RHDHV to develop business cases together with them in which engineering is fully integrated. These business cases subsequently are translated into conceptual design studies and master plans. In line with the above, you are expected to understand our client´s primary processes. Our project managers have to support business development as well, hence you are expected to have a personal network of potential clients and you have the commercial skills to develop accounts into sustainable repeating business. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage and lead large scale projects in a multi stakeholder environment throughout a complete project life cycle, supporting our multinational clients to makes the best value decisions;
- Develop, lead and manage the RHDHV team during project development and delivery;
- Initiate projects together with clients, coordinate stakeholder input, analyse and appraise production solutions, prepare project briefs and business cases and gain the necessary approvals within the client’s organization;
- Be in charge of all project controls: e.g. planning, cost control, project administration and contract management;
- Operate in an international context and anticipate short, medium and long term travel.
Within this role we expect:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effortlessly adjust yourself in an international and cultural diverse environment and able to act as coach and mentor for other staff;
- Are able to build and maintain a trusted advisor status at director level with clients;
- Are an entrepreneur with strong business acumen and sound understanding of business financials with a clear market drive, a focus on clients and the client’s network recognizing profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities;
- Are aware of international standards and developments in the fields of health and safety and sustainability and actively promote these in your projects.
- Qualified professional, project management certifications are desirable(e.g. IPMA, Prince);
- > 15 years of experience in the management of multidisciplinary engineering and construction projects, preferably in the Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical or other manufacturing sectors;
- Proven track record in managing medium & large scale projects;
- Strong, high level international network within above mentioned sectors;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language;
- International CV is desirable;
- Previous employment by a manufacturing company is an advantage;
- International mindset and willingness to travel for short/medium/long term assignments;
- Background: Technical University (civil, mechanical);
- Affinity with process (engineering).
You will be based in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Nijmegen, or Eindhoven. As our clients are based all over the Netherlands and internationally, flexibility towards traveling is expected.
At Royal HaskoningDHV we offer a great working atmosphere in which organizational and personal development take central stage. Our assessment and rewarding process will always be based on your personal competences. You'll receive a competitive salary, an excellent package of flexible terms of employment and we offer a wide array of personal development courses.
For more info, please call René Dahmen at: +31 6 12 99 61 63.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated!
Due to the outbreak of Covid- 19 we cannot guarantee that your application will be processed according to our standard procedure. Be aware that it is possible that you might experience a delayed response to your application. Furthermore, the start date of the vacancy might change. Please keep this in mind when applying for this vacancy. We apologize for the inconvenience and want to thank you for your understanding. For further information or questions please contact: [email protected]