We are looking to recruit a Principal Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer to provide second to none technical leadership support to the Maritime team in Edinburgh. The role will entail leading in depth civil engineering from design to analysis for a range of projects.
A little background on our Maritime Team
Royal HaskoningDHV are at the forefront of innovative maritime planning, design and development and our teams of multi-disciplinary experts have assisted our international clients to create successful ports and maritime infrastructure worldwide. We have provided expert commercial, technical and operational advice and created master plans across the five continents for a wide-range of port projects.
We are one of the
largest and most experienced teams of maritime professionals globally and we
are world leaders in the production of port feasibility studies and master
- Lead and participate in the production of design, analysis, specifications and engineering reports for a range of projects relating to maritime engineering and traditional maritime structures
- Mentor and develop junior staff within the office
- Undertake inspection works of infrastructure at MoD facilities & preparation of Condition Inspection reporting documents
- Oversee and contribute to the production of technical, commercial and contractual documents for procurement of engineering projects
- Promote and maintain excellent client relationships and be responsible for retention of business with specific client bodies
- Liaise with other Business Lines of the Royal HaskoningDHV organisation
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role
What we feel is the required skills and experience:
- Practical designer with knowledge and experience in Civil Engineering Structures, including Steel, and Reinforced Concrete Timber, and Masonry experience is desirable
- BEng in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer, either MICE or MIStructE
- Maritime structures and application of BS 6349
- Experience of producing and reviewing designers risk assessments.
- Confident written and verbal communication skills
- Independent thinker able to work competently within a team
- Approachable and confident in relationships with colleagues and clients
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a flexible working policy, a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance and 25 days holiday. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.