Principal Acoustic Consultant (Practice Lead)
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
We have an opportunity for a Principal Acoustic Consultant to proactively lead our in-house technical work, ensuring that it is of highest standards, meeting and exceeding internal and external clients’ needs.
You will need to be an efficient worker and enjoy the challenge of a growth-orientated environment, and willingness to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams will be key to the successful execution of the role. We have an extensive portfolio of work and the role will involve management/direction of projects of various sizes including energy (including nuclear and renewables), industry, port and coastal developments. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake acoustic work within the context of EIA/ESIA and Environmental Permitting as well as standalone noise and vibration projects. You will be expected to provide robust advice to other members of the HaskoningDHV team, as well as assisting in the smooth running and continued successful development of the team.
This position could be suitable for a part time contract - for discussion.
Main work areas will be:
- Practice leadership, coordination and development
- Environmental consultancy
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and environmental appraisal
- Supporting the delivery of developments and projects within the UK Consent and Planning system and/or Marine
- Licensing regime
- Environmental investigations, monitoring, data analysis and assessment
- General support to senior technical specialists and the wider team
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in a core science, environmental science, or related discipline
- Demonstrable experience of noise monitoring surveys, environmental noise assessment, EIA, PPG24, BS4142 and IPPC permitting
- Full IoA membership
- Experienced in the use of noise modelling software
- Solid understanding of legislative and other drivers, including industry best practice and the EIA process, which form the framework within which noise and vibration work is carried out
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Substantial experience in consultancy
- Strong network across relevant industry sectors, including both clients and relevant regulators
- A proactive outlook, and the ability to work constructively on own initiative and within a team
- Robust project management and financial management skills
- Confidence at the client-interface
- Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations
What we can offer you:
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life