Piping Engineer position must be sufficiently experienced with piping design, understanding piping material and able to prepare piping calculation and analysis to successfully carry out the work with minimal supervion.
- Perform conceptual, basic and detailed piping designs.
- Prepare piping deliverables; piping design basis, piping specifications, datasheets, calculations, and pipe stress analysis.
- Working closely with designers and modellers
- Interface with other disciplines (Process, Mechanical, CSA, I&E), project management, and the client to provide fully-coordinated services on project.
- Support field construction efforts, including reviewing submittals, responding to questions from clients and contractors, and performing field walks/site visit.
- Working knowledge of Codes and Standards such as ASME, ASTM, API, NFPA, DIN, etc.
- Working knowledge of process flow diagrams, piping & instrument diagrams, basic piping system design, material handling methods, equipment, functional & installation specifications, as well as instrumentation components.
- Assists with establishing Key Processing “Best Practices” to improve profitability, including: operating conditions, feedstock processing, hardware change recommendations, monitoring process conditions, and unit performance reporting/comparison (benchmarking).
- Direct and coordinate work performed by engineering consultants and contractors working on test programs or special projects.
- Holding Bachelor (S1) Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, or other engineering degree expectable based on prior work experiences Engineering Degree.
- Having minimum 3 years of experience in piping engineering as piping engineer or consultant or EPC.
- Having knowledge on Code and Standards, such as API, ASME, ASTM, ISO, NFPA, NEMA that related to process engineering.
- Hands on experience in CAESAR II or AutoPipe software.
- Good level of English skills for both written and conversation.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadline.
- Able to work in a team as team player with positive attitude.
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new processes and applications.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Chemical (non-Petrochemical and O&G) is a plus.