- Mechnical Design & Engineering experience, being able to make technical design documents, calculations and drawings.
- Responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution and completion of Mechanical and Plumbing Design & Engineering Work.
- Closely monitor and supervise the Contractors/ Subcontractors to ensure proper installation and commissioning of all Mechanical (and Electrical) Installations during the construction phase
- Knowledge and expertise of the Electrical engineering is very welcome
- Develop narrative specifications (Program of Requirements) that defines the technical requirements to be adopted on all Mechanical (and Electrical) work. The latter in close collaboration with the Client, Architect and the Project Manager.
- Extensive experience with Design & Engineering of: HVAC Equipment’s, Firefighting Equipment’s, Fire hose racks, External hydrant system, Sprinklers System, Gas Suppressions System, Diesel pump, Fire water Tank, Chillers, Air compressors, Pumps, Boilers, Generating plants, Sanitary installations and Effluent Treatment plan, Waste water (treatment) plants and drainage/earthing work, Manufacturing Equipment’s, CO2 systems, etc.
- Experience with Design & Engineering of: power (low, medium and high Voltage), uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems, diesel generators, lighting systems, ICT, Security installations, Fire Detection and Alarms, manufacturing equipment’s.
- Extensive experience with Industrial projects (production plants FMCG/F&B) and related facilities.
- Experience in projects for Multinational Clients is preferred.
- Design & Engineering of all applicable design phases.
- Interface management with other disciplines and parties (i.e. Consultants, Vendors, Subcontractors, Equipment Suppliers, etc.) performing other Mechanical and Electrical activities.
- Continually monitors performance of all assigned Mechanical (and Electrical) engineers & supervisors .
- Ensures quality control procedures are being followed and maintained during design & construction.
- Supports the Construction Manager and Cost Engineer in the MEP related costing
- Supervises the Mechanical & Electrical Works during Construction incl. safety on site
- Provides technical advice and assistance to Contractors staff as requested.
Minimum qualifications, skills and experience
- 10-12 years practical experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering.
- COREN registered and/or any other relevant certification.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, MS Project, presentation abilities, AUTOCAD and all related software’s for
- Mechanical/Electrical design & engineering works
- The role requires frequent interaction with different levels of professionals and stakeholders on a high-profile project, therefore the candidate must have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Royal HaskoningDHV is looking for a real team player and who can achieve goals by motivating and challenging the project teams.
- Possess initiative to see all assignments and projects through to completion.
- Able to work independently and in a team.