Our Maritime team based in Edinburgh are looking for someone to join their dynamic team! So if you're about to graduate or have recently graduated we would love to hear from you! We can show you how our team is embracing digital ways of working to deliver better project outcomes. If you'd like to understand how you can fit into our vision read on:
Key Aspects of the role:
The role will be to contribute to the development of engineering design solutions in steel, concrete, timber and other materials to relevant design codes.
- Preparation of designs for maritime and associated structures, from initial concepts through to detailed designs.
- Collection and collation of design data · Production of design calculations, checking and reviewing of calculations produced by others. · Producing outline models, drawings and details for CAD drafting/modelling by others, checking and reviewing of these prior to issue.
- Preparing Bills of Quantities, Contract Documents and Specifications. · Carrying out inspections and surveys.
- Preparation of reports and presentations. · Undertaking structural analyses and reporting.
- Providing engineering judgment and advice, contributing to preparation of study reports.
- Commercial and technical awareness of projects within the office, ensuring projects show a profitable result and are completed to a programme agreed with the project manager..
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
What Skills We'd like to see:
- Analytical Ability – ability to undertake analysis under supervision and with support from senior engineers.
- Communication Skills – can clearly articulate the reasons behind your decisions.
- Confident presenting to team members, clients and stakeholders.
- Client Orientation – understands the importance of the client’s perception of the organization. Maintains a professional client- facing approach.
- Conceptual Ability – Is capable of undertaking basic design tasks within a set of constraints.
- Problem Solving – can think laterally and develop solutions to problems with others and on your own.
- Relationship Building – builds a network within the organization and can be a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Solution Orientation – can deliver the project objective without losing focus in the detail
- You will be a graduate having enthusiasm about working in the maritime field who possesses a Masters degree in Civil Engineering or in a similar field, although Bachelor Degrees will also be considered.
- You will have a strong technical ability in analysis and design and a desire to develop this aspect in your career.
- You will have between 0-2 years post graduate experience · You will be enrolled in an ICE training scheme or willing to enrol and progress your training.
- You will be prepared to travel within the UK and Overseas from time to time.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.