Do you have a passion for enabling cities, infrastructure and industries to become resilient against climate change and natural hazards like extreme weather, floods & droughts? Are you the global team-builder and networker beyond boundaries, also under pressure and with time-constraints? Are you the commercial seasoned entrepreneur with a strong proven track-record in growing revenue, profitability and market share operating within a commercial matrix organisation? Join us as Global Market Unit Director Resilience in cities!
Introduction RHDHV resilience in cities portfolio
In our Resilience Consultancy, Design & engineering portfolio we focus on alerting for, reducing and where possible prevention of the risk of loss of lives, economic damage and disruptions of society and economy due to extreme weather, natural disasters (floods & droughts) and climate change. We offer resilience enhancing strategies and solutions for governments, infrastructure and industries in the built environment via consultancy and design, engineering & construction management.
We have a strong global foothold in floods, droughts and climate change. Our resilience staff base is predominantly based in NL, UK, Vietnam, India and Indonesia. We have the ambition to grow our Resilience in cities portfolio with 20% year on year the coming years towards 50 M€ annual revenue and enhance our competitive position to market lead.
As Resilience in cities Market Unit Director you are responsible for growing our resilience C, D & E business globally in a matrix responsibility with the Directors of the Business Units(DBUs). P&L responsibility against budget and target is a joint responsibility (handshake agreement) of DBUs and you as Market Unit Director in which you are accountable for the sum of all BU resilience in cities revenues and margins. You are responsible for lead generation and sales of the portfolio part which has a mixture of international and local staff and activities. This includes proposal delivery, deal making and contract negotiations. Key for success is best team approach: best team for proposal making as well as best team for project execution. This includes consortia match-making with partners for delivery of winning bids. Ensuring best team approach is a vital part of your drive. You build bridges between teams in different countries and Business Unites driving application of our latest innovations, knowledge and experiences in the field of resilience in cities. The DBUs are responsible for project execution and line manager of staff. Recruitment and Performance & Development of key staff is a joint responsibility. You are a member of the Water Business Line MT and report to the Business Line Director.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Profit & loss responsible for market unit Resilience in cities consultancy, design & engineering in matrix structure with BU Water NL, EU, Asia Pacific
- Driving growth of Resilience in cities consultancy, design & engineering with 20% on a yearly base
- Enhancing our competitive position in resilience in cities consultancy, design & engineering
- Driving international lead generation and tender processes with international funding from World Bank or ADB according to our internal procedures and external aligning with our partners
- Proposal delivery, deal making and contract negotiations of bids
Personal attributes, skills & experience
- Strong entrepreneur with proven track record in growing business through market share or geographic expansion, increasing sales, profitability and enhancing competitive position by gaining market share in water consultancy, design & engineering
- Minimum of 10 years international working experience in water consultancy, design & engineering, preferably in floods or droughts
- Proven track record in leadership of international geographically dispersed teams
- Good insights in global competitive playing field of Resilience in cities consultancy, design & engineering
- Strong reputation and network in International water management, floods or droughts global market, clients and partners
- Commercial mind set and strong influencing and negotiation skills.
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to grow our resilience consultancy, design & engineering business globally, working internationally with a passionate team. This position enables you to make a difference by making societies and economies more resilient against global water challenges by bringing together teams and parties from different countries using their combined mindpower and experience to make the world a safer, more resilient place for many.
At Royal HaskoningDHV we offer a great working atmosphere in which organizational and personal development take central stage. Our assessment and rewarding process will always be based on your personal competences. You'll receive a competitive salary, an excellent package of flexible terms of employment and we offer a wide array of personal development courses.
Who we are
We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners.
We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants in water, smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
Our purpose is to make a real difference in the world. Enhancing society together! We connect intelligence to grow and create a sustainable future. Do you share our drive? Join us and let the world benefit from your talent.
For more information on this challenging role please contact Lisette Heuer, Global Director Flood Resilience, on Lisette.firstname.lastname@example.org