We have an opportunity for a Geospatial Consultant to join our expanding GIS team. You will have demonstrable experience in geographical and other information management systems, data management and analytics. You will be able to deliver first-class services to both internal and external clients, contribute to the costing and budgeting of those services, and be involved in communication and growth of the team.
You will proactively contribute to our in-house technical work, ensuring that it is of the quality expected and required by our internal and external clients. Enthusiastic, optimistic, conscientious and talented with excellent communication skills and technical ability, enjoying the challenge of a growth-orientated environment. You must be able to work in a team and, at times, independently. Contributing proactively to ensure existing and new/developing consulting services are consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients’ needs.
We have an extensive portfolio of existing work and the role will involve supporting projects of various sizes in sectors including energy (including nuclear and renewables), industry, port and coastal developments, flood and coastal defence, and more general development. You will be expected to provide robust advice and support to other members of the HaskoningDHV team and assist in the smooth running and continued successful development of the team.
Ongoing contact with project managers, discipline lead and team leaders, and networking within the business group and company as a whole, will be key to the successful execution of the role, both in terms of winning new project work and to ensure continual involvement on current projects.
Main work areas will be:-
- Data and information management and consultancy
- GIS, spatial data management and collaboration, digital innovation technologies, 2D and 3D modelling
- Supporting the delivery of developments and projects within the UK
- Consent and Planning system and/or Marine Licensing regime
- General support to senior technical specialists and the wider team
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in GIS, Geography or an appropriate subject
- ESRI ArcGIS expertise
- Data management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and also to work as part of a comprehensive high quality team
- Excellent computer and numeracy skills
- A proactive outlook, and the ability to work constructively on own initiative and within a team
- Focused, articulate and professional in appearance and standard of work
- Commercial acumen and enthusiasm to contribute actively and positively to the growth of new digital services to clients
- Confidence at the client-interface
- Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.