NACO, Netherlands Airport Consultants, is a company of Royal HaskoningDHV and a globally leading engineering and consultancy firm in the field of Airport Development. We have a strong reputation in airport consultancy in all its aspects including design and management of airport developments. With a team of over 200 staff we work on high profile projects on behalf of public and private developers at locations all over the world. We are “the” go to consultant when it comes to airport consultancy.
NACO’s Special Airport Systems Team focusses on systems for baggage handling, passenger and baggage security and screening, and operation-supporting airport information and telecommunication systems. NACO is seeking a BHS Specialist to further strengthen the growing team.
To strengthen and further develop our Baggage Handling design and engineering activities we are looking for a experienced Consultant Baggage Handling Systems.
Together with our master planners, system IT consultants and project managers you will have a leading role to coordinate assignments and project teams in the field baggage handling and hold baggage security systems consultancy.
With your experience, enthusiasm and analytical skills you will support our teams with BHS and HBS aspects. You communicate directly with clients and stakeholders in an international environment. Besides relevant experience, knowledge of international standards and regulations, consultancy in our field requires a holistic approach and the application of innovative technological solutions.
While providing integrated BHS and HBS solutions for our Clients you address all aspects and specific systems without losing track of the overall plan and design process. You coordinate project solutions in a multi-disciplinary environment and are familiar with airport operational processes. As a member of our special airport systems team based in the Netherlands you will work on projects around the world and you:
- lead projects and take responsibility for project results
- help to grow our business and develop and expand the capabilities in the field of BHS
- coach and develop junior staff in the field of your expertise
- contribute to the optimization of design processes.
Our projects typically consist of the following elements:
- Stakeholder consultation
- Airport baggage strategy development & master planning
- Demand analysis / simulations
- System reviews and 2nd opinion
- Technical advisory
- Development of specifications
- Design development
- Application of relevant international standards and regulations (ICAO, EU, TSA, etc.)
You have experience in BHS strategy development, design and execution of BHS systems and have a passion for the aviation industry. You have begun building a network in the industry and are looking to work within a dynamic team to develop high profile projects in an international environment.
In addition you have:
- Master's degree in Aviation Logistics / Engineering or other relevant subject;
- Relevant working experience (>3 yrs.) in the role of consultant / design manager or as an operator / owner in a relevant field;
- Characteristics of a team player, building bridges with coaching attitude and proven skills;
- Understanding of operational processes with the ability to translate these to requirements;
- The ability to clearly communicate and present complex structures and processes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills;
- Experience with Revit, Dynamo and simulation tools are considered an asset;
- Willingness to travel in order to serve our mostly international clients;
- Proven project management and commercial skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- A second language (not Dutch) will be considered an asset.
We offer you to become part of a family of passionate colleagues all working together to realize state of the art airport development around the world. Our work and success is built on the skills and knowledge of our staff. We provide the best team for each job which results in a dynamic work environment and lots of opportunity for initiative and development.
If you require more information you can contact Taco Spoor on +31(0)6-16582252