The candidate shall be professionally qualified Mechanical Engineer (BE/B.Tech Mechanical). The candidate shall have at least 10 years of experience in design, erection, installation and commissioning of heavy Mechanical equipment in large infrastructure projects. Experience in marine projects is preferable.
Tasks and responsibilities shall include the following but not limited to:
- The candidate shall provide effective and regular supervision of erection, installation and commissioning process of Mechanical works and check compliance of quality and conformity with standards, specifications prescribed in the contract.
- The candidate shall stand-in for Resident Engineer (RE) at times of his absence.
- The candidate shall assist RE in providing certification on the quality of works accomplished and their conformity to the drawings and specifications.
- To prepare bar chart and construction schedule including resource planning using appropriate software and should anticipate critical activities in advance.
- To coordinate with Client, Contractor and Head Office teams to sort out the site issues.
- To assist in checking adequacy of methods of commissioning and installation, man power and machinery deployed at site.
- To monitor quality of works, finalize variation orders and attend all formal Weekly and monthly progress meetings.
- To assist RE in finalizing monthly payments, in monitoring overall progress of works, in preparation of correspondence between Client, Engineer and the Contractor and preparation of Minutes of Meetings.
- To assist RE to issue of Completion certificate at the end of works on site & ensuring that the defects are satisfactorily remedied during the liability period.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Any other work as assigned by Team Leader/ Project Manager from time to time.