The region of Phan Rang Thap Cham city, the administrative capital of Vietnam’s Ninh Thuan province, is one of Vietnam’s poorest and driest. The absence of a sewerage and wastewater treatment system means wastewater discharges directly into the city and surroundings, causing serious pollution to ground and surface water.
Royal HaskoningDHV is working on the construction of a sewerage and wastewater treatment plant that will treat 10,000 m3/day. The treated wastewater will be reused to irrigate surrounding agricultural areas, protecting the environment and improving the quality of the region’s lakes and rivers.
We acted as private initiator in the application, helped to secure ORIO* funding for the project, and have carried out technical and socio-economic surveys, Environmental Impact Assessments, basic and detailed designs, financing plans and a capacity building programme.
*ORIO funding by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs to encourage public infrastructure development in developing countries.
- 29 May 2020Providing protection and security through our Global Flood Risk Tool
- 11 May 2020Water Stewardship to manage high water stress in Indonesia
- 04 May 20204.0’s Secondary Potential
- 10 Apr 20206 insights on enhancing Resilience in Cities: Everyone has a role to play!
- 09 Apr 2020Let the water in: integrating water into decision making
- 08 Apr 2020How to: a safe Shut down and Start up of your Wastewater Treatment Plant
- 06 Mar 2020Evolutionary Approach to Resilience
- 20 Feb 2020Resilience in Cities: the real impacts of water and climate change risks
- 20 Feb 2020New Game Plan: From Protection to Risk Reduction to Resilience
- 14 Feb 2020Airports as Ambassadors – towards greater Urban Resilience
- 31 Jan 2020A more resilient future for India’s cities
- 13 Jan 2020STAIN for City Resilience Strategies
- 07 Jan 2020Smarter Solutions for Resilient Societies and Economies
- 17 Oct 2019Digital twins: From spreadsheets to full automation
- 18 Sep 2018Demonstrating aerobic granular sludge benefits the American way
- 20 Aug 2018Mining the ‘Blue Gold’
- 20 Aug 2018Never go shopping when you’re hungry…
- 20 Aug 2018Household management for engineers
- 20 Aug 2018When an ethical choice becomes an economical one
- 04 Apr 2018Size matters – especially in Asia!
- 29 Jan 2018Organising chaos