The region of Phan Rang Thap Cham city, the administrative capital of Vietnam’s Ninh Thuan province, is one of Vietnam’s poorest and driest. The absence of a sewerage and wastewater treatment system means wastewater discharges directly into the city and surroundings, causing serious pollution to ground and surface water.
Royal HaskoningDHV is working on the construction of a sewerage and wastewater treatment plant that will treat 10,000 m3/day. The treated wastewater will be reused to irrigate surrounding agricultural areas, protecting the environment and improving the quality of the region’s lakes and rivers.
We acted as private initiator in the application, helped to secure ORIO* funding for the project, and have carried out technical and socio-economic surveys, Environmental Impact Assessments, basic and detailed designs, financing plans and a capacity building programme.
*ORIO funding by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs to encourage public infrastructure development in developing countries.
- 18 Sep 2018Demonstrating aerobic granular sludge benefits the American way
- 20 Aug 2018Mining the ‘Blue Gold’
- 20 Aug 2018Never go shopping when you’re hungry…
- 20 Aug 2018Household management for engineers
- 20 Aug 2018When an ethical choice becomes an economical one
- 04 Apr 2018Size matters – especially in Asia!
- 29 Jan 2018Organising chaos
- 21 Nov 2017New EIA Regulations - what has really changed?
- 01 Nov 2017Following nature’s lead in closing cycles
- 24 Oct 2017Solving Bolivia's water shortage the Dutch way
- 09 Oct 2017Working backwards
- 06 Oct 2017Improving energy efficiency for port operators under pressure
- 06 Oct 2017Carrying water in a sieve, is NRW a punishment?
- 28 Jun 2017Cold Ironing: The route to cleaner cruise liners?
- 14 Jun 2017Your road from grey to green – a revised look at the energy transition
- 05 May 2017Africa’s infrastructure development: racing tortoises
- 21 Mar 2017Critical water challenge requires “smart” solutions
- 14 Mar 2017A Societal Review by a Microbiologist: How Nereda® bugs enhance society…everybody wins
- 01 Feb 2017A Geopolitical Review by a Microbiologist: How Nereda bugs will unify the world
- 29 Jul 2016De-Stressing water shortages in South Africa
- 02 May 2016Flood forecasting at Ghanaians' fingertips
- 01 Jan 000120190117 Hoe krijgen we mensen in beweging voor een circulaire toekomst