The region of Phan Rang Thap Cham city, the administrative capital of Vietnam’s Ninh Thuan province, is one of Vietnam’s poorest and driest. The absence of a sewerage and wastewater treatment system means wastewater discharges directly into the city and surroundings, causing serious pollution to ground and surface water.
Royal HaskoningDHV is working on the construction of a sewerage and wastewater treatment plant that will treat 10,000 m3/day. The treated wastewater will be reused to irrigate surrounding agricultural areas, protecting the environment and improving the quality of the region’s lakes and rivers.
We acted as private initiator in the application, helped to secure ORIO* funding for the project, and have carried out technical and socio-economic surveys, Environmental Impact Assessments, basic and detailed designs, financing plans and a capacity building programme.
*ORIO funding by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs to encourage public infrastructure development in developing countries.
- 15 Mar 20216 insights on enhancing Resilience in Cities: Everyone has a role to play!
- 09 Mar 2021Let the water in: integrating water into decision making
- 25 Nov 2020Leading by example: Rotterdam takes Climate Action to enhance resilience
- 20 Oct 2020Rebuilding Better what’s sand got to do with it?
- 13 Oct 2020Sewage, Weapon or weakness in the fight against COVID-19
- 14 Sep 2020A breakaway of raw materials from wastewater
- 24 Aug 2020Circular wastewater treatment plants as production sites
- 15 Jul 2020Accelerate Digital Transformation, Accelerate Cooperation
- 14 Jul 2020Creating business value through water
- 08 Jul 2020Water at the front and centre of Unilever’s business
- 16 Jun 2020Made with recycled water
- 09 Jun 2020Symbiotic industry ecosystem for water-secure communities
- 29 May 2020Providing protection and security through our Global Flood Risk Tool
- 11 May 2020Water Stewardship to manage high water stress in Indonesia
- 04 May 20204.0’s Secondary Potential
- 08 Apr 2020How to: a safe Shut down and Start up of your Wastewater Treatment Plant
- 06 Mar 2020Evolutionary Approach to Resilience
- 20 Feb 2020Resilience in Cities: the real impacts of water and climate change risks
- 20 Feb 2020New Game Plan: From Protection to Risk Reduction to Resilience
- 14 Feb 2020Airports as Ambassadors – towards greater Urban Resilience
- 31 Jan 2020A more resilient future for India’s cities
- 13 Jan 2020STAIN for City Resilience Strategies
- 07 Jan 2020Smarter Solutions for Resilient Societies and Economies
- 17 Oct 2019Digital twins: From spreadsheets to full automation