Royal HaskoningDHV can deliver multidisciplinary expertise to help you at every stage of the complex process of gaining and maintaining a licence to operate.
Our services include:
- Preliminary design and ensuring the design conforms with applicable rules and regulations (compliance based engineering)
- Executing feasibility studies containing risks, opportunities and alternatives based on policy, regulations, surroundings, stakeholders and best practices. These studies can be used also in lender projects
- Impact assessments during early phases of projects, including Environmental Impact Assessments, Health Impact Assessments and Social Impact Assessments
- Acquiring the necessary permits (in environment, nature, water and construction): drafting permit applications and required studies for acquiring the permits. It is important to acquire flexible permits which will allow you to expand or optimise your production
- Advice on all relevant topics for your licence to operate: nature and ecology, noise reduction, soil investigation, air quality, safety and building regulations, etc.
- Assistance with (external) safety including risk assessment and analysis, safety reports and health and safety documents. We have extensive knowledge of HAZID, HAZOP, Bow ties, LOPA among others and regulations such as ATEX and PGS. We can also execute fire safety studies or provide terms of conditions for fire safety installations
- Compliance management through HSE audits, HSE management and management systems
Royal HaskoningDHV also has extensive experience in all aspects of every permitting process, whether on a small or large scale, and can provide:
- Permitting management and planning: we have developed several tools to ensure all necessary permits are included in the project scope and that actions for acquiring permits are covered in your project planning
- Legal advisors to help examine the demands made by the authorities on validity and applicability. We are experienced in dealing with authorities at every level, from informal contacts to strictly professional deliberations. We can also provide legal assistance at trials if required
- Stakeholder management as well as public relations and communications (leaflets, information sessions)
- Project managers who know your business, are familiar with the authorities you deal with and ensure you stay on track with planning and budgets