About Royal HaskoningDHV Australia
Royal HaskoningDHV in Australia (Haskoning Australia Pty Ltd) has 60 professional staff based in Sydney and Newcastle (NSW), Perth (WA) and Gold Coast (QLD), delivering projects around the country and neighboring regions. Our specialist engineers and scientists focus on coastal, metocean, maritime, port, water resource, infrastructure, catchment management, industry, energy and mining engineering, science and consultancy.
The team have extensive local and international experience in assisting clients in all phases of their projects from feasibility studies and approvals, design documentation and execution through to maintenance and business support.
Key areas of expertise are listed below.
- metocean data collection, analysis and interpretation
- coastal structures (breakwaters, seawalls, etc.)
- maritime structures (quay walls, wharves, jetties, dolphins)
- dredging and reclamation
- port planning and strategy
- bridge and civil infrastructure design and asset management (road and rail)
- coastal processes and hazard assessment
- coastal and estuary management planning
- environmental assessments and approvals
- marinas and small craft facilities
- marine sediment and water quality testing
- floodplain risk management
- river and estuary studies
- water management
- geotechnical engineering (specialist waterside expertise)
- submarine cables
The team also has the support of the full range of global expertise, with knowledge sharing and collaboration between offices, to provide the best client service. Many of the team previously built and worked for Patterson Britton and Partners Pty Ltd and accordingly, have a long successful track record of specialist consultancy advice and project delivery in Australia in coastal, maritime and waterway fields.
Our specialists continually explore the practical application of advanced technologies to provide innovative, cost-effective and appropriate solutions to complex project challenges. We develop relationships with clients and understand their business ensuring our project delivery is targeted to optimise outcomes in line with the need of the business. Our high level technical expertise adds value by identifying where significant cost reductions can be achieved through design innovation or risk management processes.
Familiarity with environmental planning and approval legislation and statutory requirements, conditions of contract (internationally), and expert knowledge of modern equipment and practices enables us to minimise and effectively manage project risks.