Helping societies in transitionOur world is in transition. Faced with the challenges created by scarcity of resources, climate change, urban redevelopment, traffic management and more, there is a desperate need for new ways of thinking and new ideas.
Our innovation strategy and action programme focus our response. Through innovation, our projects are embedding smart solutions, pioneering technologies, resilience, flexibility and future functionality for businesses and communities across the world.
Smart solutionsInnovation is integral to our business. We recognise its importance in everything we do. We question, explore alternatives and we challenge ourselves and others. We create new approaches and apply ideas across disciplines for smarter outcomes.
Innovation helps our business thrive through renewing and adapting our products, services business models and processes. The resulting solutions are quicker to implement, safer, of higher quality, or more sustainable. They may require less resources or produce fewer emissions.
Strategic agendaWe are recognised as a leader in innovation. To maintain this position, we have developed a strategic innovation agenda.
In building the best teams, we are developing a culture which supports innovation and maximises co-creation. To excel in our operations, we are applying the innovation funnel to do the right things in an efficient way. We are sharing and commercialising product and process innovations to achieve leading market positions.
Action programmeTo stimulate our innovation culture, we recognise and celebrate individual innovations, communicating them across our business. Our annual internal Da Vinci competition challenges colleagues around the globe to submit innovative concepts, both for unproven ideas and for those already implemented.
We highlight our innovations through examples and insight which we share with clients and partners. We regularly enter and win industry awards. These activities showcase what innovation means to Royal HaskoningDHV, what it is achieving and how it benefits society.
We are creating a structure to develop our innovation pipeline. It includes an ideas bank and more collective involvement to increase momentum. We will be using a criteria-based tool to assist in decision making and are clarifying the steps required to successfully move ideas through the innovation funnel from concept to implementation.
Innovation is a collaborative process, inspiring our colleagues and our associates. We work in partnership with clients, universities and knowledge institutions and are applying for grants and funding to extend our involvement in ground-breaking research.
- 02 Jul 2018Niels Schallenberg in Dutch newspaper FD: 'Get people in with different views'
- 27 Jun 2018Royal HaskoningDHV and Ynformed win Prestigious Water Industry Big Data Challenge
- 14 Jun 2018Royal HaskoningDHV starts Living Lab with start-ups for Smart and Healthy Work Environments
- 01 May 2018Partnership with HAL24K unlocks potential of real-time data analytics
- 28 Mar 2018Royal HaskoningDHV Member buildingSMART International
- 01 Feb 2018Royal HaskoningDHV goes digital in Dike Reinforcement for Neder- Betuwe
- 18 Sep 2017Royal HaskoningDHV launches iReport to revolutionise project reporting
- 05 Jul 2017#ExploreTogether with start-ups
- 09 Jun 2017Royal HaskoningDHV partners with YES!Delft and The Green Village to spur innovation
- 18 Apr 2017More energy from wastewater thanks to innovative sludge digestion facility