Helping societies in transitionOur world is in transition. Faced with the challenges created by scarcity of resources, climate change, urban redevelopment, traffic management and more, there is a desperate need for new ways of thinking and new ideas.
Our innovation strategy and action programme focus our response. Through innovation, our projects are embedding smart solutions, pioneering technologies, resilience, flexibility and future functionality for businesses and communities across the world.
Smart solutionsInnovation is integral to our business. We recognise its importance in everything we do. We question, explore alternatives and we challenge ourselves and others. We create new approaches and apply ideas across disciplines for smarter outcomes.
Innovation helps our business thrive through renewing and adapting our products, services business models and processes. The resulting solutions are quicker to implement, safer, of higher quality, or more sustainable. They may require less resources or produce fewer emissions.
Strategic agendaWe are recognised as a leader in innovation. To maintain this position, we have developed a strategic innovation agenda.
In building the best teams, we are developing a culture which supports innovation and maximises co-creation. To excel in our operations, we are applying the innovation funnel to do the right things in an efficient way. We are sharing and commercialising product and process innovations to achieve leading market positions.
Action programmeTo stimulate our innovation culture, we recognise and celebrate individual innovations, communicating them across our business. We highlight our innovations through examples and insight which we share with clients and partners. We regularly enter and win industry awards. These activities showcase what innovation means to Royal HaskoningDHV, what it is achieving and how it benefits society.
We are creating a structure to develop our innovation pipeline. It includes an ideas bank and more collective involvement to increase momentum. We will be using a criteria-based tool to assist in decision making and are clarifying the steps required to successfully move ideas through the innovation funnel from concept to implementation.
Innovation is a collaborative process, inspiring our colleagues and our associates. We work in partnership with clients, universities and knowledge institutions and are applying for grants and funding to extend our involvement in ground-breaking research.
Innovation in our projects
- 29 Oct 2019New way to fight plastic pollution revealed
- 04 Jul 2019A sustainable future for Oman’s southern region
- 17 Jun 2019Royal HaskoningDHV and Autodesk expand partnership to create perfect mix of human intelligence and data
- 12 Apr 2019Royal HaskoningDHV acquires Ambiental to accelerate growth of flood-related digital services
- 04 Apr 2019TEC to support future-proofing of tunnels in Amsterdam
- 18 Mar 2019Nereda technology shortlisted for NCE100 Awards 2019
- 18 Mar 2019Engineering innovation as Dutch flood defence scheme is unveiled in Somerset
- 21 Feb 2019Royal HaskoningDHV invests in partnership with H2i to grow data-driven flood resilience services
- 29 Jan 2019Water Experts for the World
- 15 Jan 2019Royal HaskoningDHV acquires Lanner to strengthen its predictive simulation capabilities